Thank you to rachsthoughts, who nominated me for the Liebster award. The link to her blog: http://rachsthoughts.wordpress.com/
My answers to her questions:
1. What personal goal do you have for the next year?
To see my first book published and finish two more books I’ve started.
2. What is your favorite food and why?
I love Mexican food, more especially New Mexican food. Red enchiladas, green enchiladas, chile rellenos, tacos, burritos, tamales — hmm, making my mouth water just to write this!
3. What is your favorite color?
Blue, but I also am very fond of turquoise.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I have been fortunate to be able to travel a lot in my life so far — Canada; Mexico; France; Spain; Morocco; 45 of the U.S. states, including Hawaii and Alaska; Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao; St. Thomas, St. Croix, and St. John — so I have only one more sight-seeing trip in mind that I really want to take, to Mt. Rushmore.
5. Favorite past time?
Reading and writing — my stack of books to be read never seems to go down, and I never seem to have as much time to write as I’d like!
6. What is your favorite book?
The Bible, and I still really like the King James version. I grew up on it, and although there are many newer translations, I like the old familiar words.
7. If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
If humans have to die, why can’t it be peaceful? In other words, why do many have to suffer on their way to death?
8. What is your favorite holiday?
That’s a hard one. I like both Thanksgiving and Christmas a lot. I love preparing holiday meals. Thanksgiving is a simple holiday in which we think of all the things for which we are thankful. Christmas is special, with the pretty decorations and the age-old story. I’d hate to have to pick just one of those holidays.
9. What person has had the most influence in your life?
That’s also a hard one, but I will say my first husband, because we kind of “grew up” together, marrying young, and staying married until his death a few months after our 50th anniversary. We learned a lot of the give and take of life from each other, from raising our children together and caring for our parents as they got older.
10. Favorite Bible verse?
The 23rd Psalm — actually it is several verses, but a lovely passage.
11. What bothers you most while shopping?
Having a clerk answer the phone while I’m paying for my purchase.
Eleven random facts about myself:
1. I love to fly and always wanted to take lessons to pilot a small plane.
2. I met another wonderful man after my first husband died, and we have been happily married five years this month.
3. I love books.
4. My favorite TV shows are CBS This Morning, 60 Minutes, and The Big Bang Theory. As a therapist, I believe TBBT is written by geniuses.
5. I have been baptized three times — once as an infant, once as an adult by sprinkling, and once as an adult by immersion.
6. I have a colorful toy on my desk, because I’m a kid at heart.
7. I like to play penny slots about once every two years, but set a $20 limit on myself and call it recreation.
8. I have three grown children and nine grandchildren of my own, and I have two grown children and three grandchildren by marriage.
9. I like football, especially the Oregon Ducks.
10. I buy Halloween candy my husband likes, in case we have some left over!
11. I am looking forward to moving to Albuquerque, NM, when our house sells.
Nominate 11 blogs.
I have a difficult time with this one, because I’m new to blogging and don’t know about many yet, but two I enjoy are:
OPEN BOOK, the rare books blog from The University of Utah — always interesting facts and stories about interesting books. http://wp.me/p3PMHX-wO
Alison Nancy does a great blog for runners (I’m not one, but enjoy reading about it) on her website at http://www.alisonnaneylmp.com/
The Rules for the Liebster Award
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself
5. Nominate 11 blogs
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post.
8. Inform the people that you nominated them for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.